High-performance & Scalable 4-bay Rackmounted NAS Server for SMB Users
Synology® RackStation RS812RP+ offers a high-performance, scalable, and full-featured rackmounted network attached storage solution that meets the needs of small and medium-sized businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, and rapidly scale up storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and management. The Synology RS812RP+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
- Average 202.31 MB/sec Reading, 175.11 MB/sec Writing1
- 2 LAN with Failover and Link Aggregation Support
- Fast Motherboard Swapping Design
- CPU Passive Cooling Technology & System Fan Redundancy
- Scale up to 8 Drives with Synology RX410
- Windows® AD and ACL Support
- VMware® / Citrix® / Hyper-V® Compliance
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Experience High Performance Data Throughput
With the Link Aggregation enabled, Synology RS812RP+ delivers an average 175.11 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 202.31 MB/sec reading1. Synology RS812RP+ bring you the high performance that your data-intensive applications demand for a storage system, and offer the ability to scale the storage capacity.
High Reliability for Critical Business Applications
Businesses need a strong foundation to face mission-critical tasks. Synology RS812RP+ deliver high data availability to ensure access when it’s needed. The 2 LAN with failover support and hot-swappable drives will ensure continual service uptime should the drives need replacement or the unexpected LAN failure.
In the event of a hardware failure, the RS812RP+ is made for easy maintenance without removing from the rack. The motherboard inside is made for easy access and replacement. No additional system re-configuring is needed, and RS812RP+ can be brought back on the line with your existing data.
CPU is the heart of any system, and RS812RP+ incorporates a passive cooling structure to avoid the dependency of a dedicated processor cooling fan, and mitigate any critical point of failure. When system detects fan fails, the built-in redundancy mechanism will spin up the functional fan(s) to properly ventilate the system, and support continuous operations until the replacement fan arrives. Therefore, potential system damages are minimized and system availability is maximized.
Fit to Business Environment
Windows ADS integration allows the Synology RS812RP+ to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment with no need to recreate users’ accounts on the Synology RS812RP+. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator’s effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users.
Windows ACL support on RS812RP+ provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on RS812RP+ through their familiar Windows user interface. The privileges set on Windows ACL will be applied to all access entries, including AFP, FTP, File Station, NFS and WebDAV. The secure privilege offers IT staff peace of mind, no worries about any loopholes.
Robust & Affordable Scalability Up to 32TB
When the storage capacity of the Synology RS812RP+ is nearing its capacity limit, it can easily be expanded with the Synology RX410 expansion enclosure. The Synology RX410 securely connects to the Synology RS812RP+ via an eSATA cable with specially-designed locking connectors. The Synology RX410 expands the existing storage on the Synology RS812RP+ up to a maximum 32TB capacity.
Rich Business Applications
Synology RS812RP+ runs on the award-winning operating system, Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), which offers comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for office and business workgroups.
Web Station with PHP/MySQL® support allows a single Synology RS812RP+ to host up to 30 websites and numerous 3rd party web applications, such as Content Management, Customer Relationship Management & e-Commerce system. The built-in mail server turns Synology RS812RP+ into a dedicated mail service provider, while the add-on package, Mail Station 2, provides a webmail interface for users to access emails stored on Synology RS812RP+.
Synology Surveillance Station offers a centralized interface to manage IP cameras deployed in your office or home, allowing users traveling miles away to safeguard the environment by watching live views, recording events, and taking snapshots with a computer or mobile device.
A wealth of add-on packages allows the Synology RS812RP+ to replace several pieces of network hardware. VPN Server offers an easy VPN solution that turns your Synology RS812RP+ into a VPN server, providing a secure way of connecting to a private LAN at a remote location. Directory Server allows Synology RS812RP+ to host LDAP service with centralized access control, authentication, and account management, further enhancing your office management efficiency.
iSCSI and Virtualization Ready
With the iSCSI support in DiskStation Manager (DSM), the Synology RS812RP+ provides a seamless storage solution for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Citrix. It is the ideal alternative to SAN solution for businesses. Affordable and cost-effective, iSCSI allows SMB users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
Energy Efficient Design
Synology DiskStations are designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average PC counterparts, the Synology RS812RP+ consume relatively low amount of power at 46.2 watts only in operation. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on and off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost. HDD hibernation can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disks.
All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials. Synology acknowledges the responsibility as a global citizen to continually work to reduce the environmental impact of every product produced.
- CPU Frequency : Dual Core 2.13GHz
- Floating Point
- Memory : DDR3 1GB (Expandable, up to 3GB)
- Internal HDD/SSD : 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA(II) X4 (Hard drive not included)
- Max Internal Capacity : 16TB (4X 4TB HDD) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) (See All Supported HDD)
- Hot Swappable HDD
- External HDD Interface : USB 2.0 Port X 2, eSATA Port X 1
- Rail Kit: Synology 1U Rail Kit Sliding / Synology 1U Rail Kit Fixed (optional)
- Size (HxWxD) : 44 X 430.5 X 570.5 mm
- Weight : 9.42kg
- LAN : Gigabit X2
- Link Aggregation
- Wake on LAN/WAN
- System Fan : 40x40mm X3
- Wireless Support (dongle)
- Noise Level : 52.6 dB(A)
- Power Recovery
- AC Input Power Voltage : 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency : 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption : 46.2W (Access); 25.3W (HDD Hibernation);
- Redundant Power Supply : yes
- Operating Temperature : 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature : -10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)
- Relative Humidity : 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum Operating Altitude : 6,500 feet
- Certification : FCC Class A, CE Class A, BSMI Class A
- Warranty : 3 Years
- Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Seagate 1TB ST31000520AS hard drive(s) in idle; Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up at 1 meter away from the DiskStation front and rear; Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%;
- Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 3TB WD30EZRS hard drive(s).
DSM Specifications (See more)
- Storage Management
- Max File System Size : 108TB
- Max Internal Volume # : 512
- Max iSCSI Target # : 32
- Max iSCSI LUN # : 256
- iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot
- Supported RAID Type : Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- RAID Migration : Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, RAID 5 to RAID 6
- Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs : Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6
- Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD : Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 5, RAID 6
- Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type : RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- Synology Expansion Unit Support : RX410
- File Sharing Capability
- Max User Accounts : 2048
- Max Groups : 256
- Max Shared Folder : 256
- Shared Folder Sync – Max task number : 8
- Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections : 512
- Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration
- VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI
- VMware vSphere 4
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Citrix Ready
Add-on Packages (See more)
- Antivirus Essential
- Antivirus by McAfee
- Audio Station
- Transcoding to MP3
- Cloud Station
- Maximum of Concurrent File Transfers : 512
- DHCP Server
- Directory Server
- DNS Server
- Download Station
- Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks : 80
- Glacier Backup
- High Availability
- HiDrive Backup
- iTunes Server
- Mail Server
- Mail Station
- Media Server
- Photo Station
- RADIUS Server
- Surveillance Station
- MAX IP cam # (Licenses required) : 20 (1 Free License) (See All Supported IP Cameras)
- Total frame rate (FPS) : 200 FPS @ 720p (1280×800)
- Syslog Server
- Syslog Events per Second : 800
- Time Backup
- Maximum Task Number : 8
- Video Station
- Video Transcoding : Type 1 (See more)
- VPN Server
- Maximum Connections : 20
- 3rd Party Packages (See more)
- Surveillance Station throughput is tested with Axis M1054 (1280X800); FPS set to 10 at every channel; Compression rate: 30%; Video Codec: MJPEG, H.264; Recording Type is conducted with Motion Detection Recording (By camera) and Continuous Recording; Actual performance may vary depending on camera settings and DiskStation loading.
Environment and Packaging
- RoHS Compliant
- Package Content
- Main Unit X 1
- Installation Disk X 1
- Welcome Note X 1
- Assembling Kit X 1
- AC Power Cord X 2
- Optional Accessories
- Camera License Pack
- Rail Kit
- RAM Module : 2GB DDR3 RAM Module
- Expansion Unit : RX410 x 1
(Updated : 2013/04/03)