High-Performance & Easy to Manage 4-bay All-in-1 NAS Server for SMB Users
Synology DiskStation DS412+ is specifically designed for small and medium-sized businesses who need a high-performance, easy to manage, and full-featured network attached storage solution to centralize data backups, protect critical assets and share files across different platforms. Synology protects your investment in the DS412+ with a 2-year limited warranty.
- 205.68 MB/sec Reading, 182.66 MB/sec Writing1
- 2 LAN with Failover and Link Aggregation Support
- Features SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- CPU Passive Cooling Technology & System Fan Redundancy
- Hot-swappable Hard Drive Design
- Windows® AD and ACL Support
- VMware® / Citrix® / Microsoft® Hyper-V® Compliance
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Experience High Performance Data Throughput
With the Link Aggregation enabled, Synology DS412+ delivers an average 182.66 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 205.48 MB/sec reading1. Coming with USB 3.0 support which offers transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbps, namely 10 times faster than USB 2.0, DS412+ takes less time for data transfer for external hard drives and consumes less power. Synology DS412+ brings you the high performance that your data-intensive applications demand for a storage system.
Dependable and Reliable
Businesses need a strong foundation to face mission-critical tasks. Synology DS412+ deliver high data availability to ensure access when it’s needed. The 2 LAN with failover support and hot-swappable drives will ensure continual service uptime should the drives need replacement or the unexpected LAN failure.
CPU is the heart of any system, and DS412+ incorporates a passive cooling structure to avoid the dependency of a dedicated processor cooling fan, and mitigate any critical point of failure. When system detects fan fails, the built-in redundancy mechanism will spin up the functional fan to properly ventilate the system, and support continuous operations until the replacement fan arrives. Therefore, potential system damages are minimized and system availability is maximized.
Flexible Storage Management
The Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) automatically builds an optimal RAID volume with data protection based on the hard drives installed, eliminating the need to have hard drives of identical size, while still offering a manual setup option for advanced users.
Multiple Volumes on RAID allows you to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage your storage across all available hard drives. When the need arises to expand the volumes, simply allocate more storage space on the UI, and DSM does the rest for you without any service disruption.
Rich Business Applications
Synology DS412+ runs on the award-winning operating system, Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), which offers comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for office and business workgroups.
Web Station with PHP/MySQL® support allows a single Synology DS412+ to host up to 30 websites and numerous
3rd party web applications, such as Content Management, Customer Relationship Management & e-Commerce system. The built-in mail server turns Synology DS412+ into a dedicated mail service provider, while the add-on package, Mail Station 2, provides a webmail interface for users to access emails stored on Synology DS412+.
Synology Surveillance Station offers a centralized interface to manage IP cameras deployed in your office or home, allowing users traveling miles away to safeguard the environment by watching live views, recording events, and taking snapshots with a computer or mobile device.
A wealth of add-on packages allows the Synology DS412+ to replace several pieces of network hardware. VPN Server offers an easy VPN solution that turns your Synology DS412+ into a VPN server, providing a secure way of connecting to a private LAN at a remote location. Directory Server allows Synology DS412+ to host LDAP service with centralized access control, authentication, and account management, further enhancing your office management efficiency.
Fit to Business Environment
Windows ADS integration allows the Synology DS412+ to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment with no need to recreate users’ accounts on the Synology DS412+. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator’s effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users.
Windows ACL support on DS412+ provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on DS412+ through their familiar Windows user interface. The privileges set on Windows ACL will be applied to all access entries, including AFP, FTP, File Station, NFS and WebDAV. The secure privilege offers IT staff peace of mind, no worries about any loopholes.
iSCSI and Virtualization Ready
With the iSCSI support in DiskStation Manager (DSM), the Synology DS412+ provides a seamless storage solution for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Citrix. It is the ideal alternative to SAN solution for businesses. Affordable and cost-effective, iSCSI allows SMB users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
Energy Efficient Design
With 44 watts power consumption in operation, Synology DS412+ is designed with energy efficiency in mind. Not only does it provides two 92×92 mm fans and the smart airflow to keep the system running cool 24/7, its noise dampening design makes it really quiet compared to PC counterparts. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN, multiple scheduled power on/off and hard drive hibernation can further reduce power consumption and operation cost.
All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials. Synology acknowledges the responsibility as a global citizen to continually work to reduce the environmental impact of every product produced.
- CPU Frequency : Dual Core 2.13GHz
- Floating Point
- Memory : DDR3 1GB
- Internal HDD/SSD : 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA(II) X4 (Hard drive not included)
- Max Internal Capacity : 16TB (4 X 4TB HDD) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) (See All Supported HDD)
- Hot Swappable HDD
- External HDD Interface : USB 3.0 Port X 2, USB 2.0 Port X 1, eSATA Port X 1
- Size (HxWxD) : 165 X 203 X 233.2 mm
- Weight : 2.03Kg
- LAN : Gigabit X 2
- Link Aggregation
- Wake on LAN/WAN
- System Fan : 92x92mm X2
- Wireless Support (dongle)
- Noise Level : 19.3 dB(A)
- Power Recovery
- AC Input Power Voltage : 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency : 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption : 44W (Access); 15W (HDD Hibernation);
- Operating Temperature : 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature : -10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)
- Relative Humidity : 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum Operating Altitude : 6,500 feet
- Certification : FCC Class B, CE Class B, BSMI Class B
- Warranty : 2 Years
- Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 3TB WD30EZRS hard drive(s).
- Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Seagate 1TB ST31000520AS hard drive(s) in idle; Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up at 1 meter away from the Synology NAS front and rear; Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
DSM Specifications (See more)
- Storage Management
- Max File System Size : 108TB
- Max Internal Volume # : 512
- Max iSCSI Target # : 32
- Max iSCSI LUN # : 256
- iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot
- Supported RAID Type : Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- RAID Migration : Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, RAID 5 to RAID 6
- Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs : Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6
- Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD : Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 5
- Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type : RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- File Sharing Capability
- Max User Accounts : 2048
- Max Groups : 256
- Max Shared Folder : 256
- Shared Folder Sync – Max task number : 8
- Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections : 512
- Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration
- VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI
- VMware vSphere 4
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Citrix Ready
Add-on Packages (See more)
- Antivirus Essential
- Antivirus by McAfee
- Audio Station
- Transcoding to MP3
- Cloud Station
- Maximum of Concurrent File Transfers : 512
- DHCP Server
- Directory Server
- DNS Server
- Download Station
- Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks : 80
- Glacier Backup
- High Availability
- HiDrive Backup
- iTunes Server
- Mail Server
- Mail Station
- Media Server
- Photo Station
- RADIUS Server
- Surveillance Station
- MAX IP cam # (Licenses required) : 20 (1 Free License) (See All Supported IP Cameras)
- Total frame rate (FPS) : 200 FPS @ 720p (1280×800)
- Syslog Server
- Syslog Events per Second : 400
- Time Backup
- Maximum Task Number : 8
- Video Station
- Video Transcoding : Type 1 (See more)
- VPN Server
- Maximum Connections : 20
- 3rd Party Packages (See more)
- Surveillance Station throughput is tested with Axis M1054 (1280X800); FPS set to 10 at every channel; Compression rate: 30%; Video Codec: MJPEG, H.264; Recording Type is conducted with Motion Detection Recording (By camera) and Continuous Recording; Actual performance may vary depending on camera settings and DiskStation loading.
Environment and Packaging
- RoHS Compliant
- Package Content
- Main Unit X 1
- Installation Disk X 1
- Welcome Note X 1
- Assembling Kit X 1
- AC Power Adapter X 1
- AC Power Cord X 1
- RJ-45 LAN Cable X 2
- Optional Accessories
- Camera License Pack
(Updated : 2013/04/03)