Sans Digital AccuNAS AN4L Storage Tower
The AccuNAS AN4L is a performance tuned Network Attached Storage for high capacity network based data storage. Much more advanced than most 4-bay NAS towers on the market, the AN4L utilizes the power of Intel ATOM Dual-Core D510 1.66Ghz CPU and 1GB of DDR II memory, to provide exceptionally fast performance. With increased CPU processing power, the AN4L is capable of providing enterprise-level features such as iSCSI initiator and target support, snapshot with scheduling, and real-time NAS-to-NAS folder replication. Along with built-in RAID 5 and 6, the AN4L provides enterprise-class features that are normally not included in product of such price range.
Based on the existing EliteNAS system architectures that range from 1U 4-bay to 8U 50-bay rackmounts, the AN4L provides the same capability of supporting both NAS and iSCSI simultaneously. Powered by Intel ATOM D510 1.66 GHz Dual Core CPU with 1 Gigabyte of DDR II 667 MHz of memory, four virtual CPUs (Dual Core combined with Hyper-Threading) are working simultaneously to provide network performance of over 80MB/s under RAID 6. Low power consumption on the Intel ATOM based CPU also allows AN4L to generate less heat and requires less power — which coincides with Sans Digital’s commitment to contribute to a “greener” earth.
Hard drive failures are protected by built-in RAID 1, 5 or 6 with four hot-swappable trays to minimize downtime in an unlikely event that one or two (RAID 6) hard drive fails. The front bezel door provides privacy while individual hard drive tray keylock provides security for unintended physical hard-disk access. The built-in event log and e-mail notification feature provide IT administrators with a wealth of information from critical errors to changes made to the system configuration. The dual Gigabit Ethernet ports provide features such as network port bonding for failover and load balancing.
The AN4L is capable of functioning as both NAS and iSCSI in a unified storage system with built-in NAS-to-NAS folder replication and snapshot features. It allows simple data backup to other AccuNAS or EliteNAS storage units while supporting virtualizations such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V. “The AccuNAS AN4L is designed to meet the challenge of today’s continuous data storage expansion need for small or medium business alike without the need to alter current network or system infrastructure,” said Stanley Chan, Sans Digital’s Director of Business Development.
Operating system specifically design for NAS and iSCSI application.
Intel ATOM Dual Core D510 1.66Ghz processor.
1GB DDR2 memory; upgradeable to 4GB.
Supports up to a toal of 8TB (Raw) SATA II hard drive (2TB x 4 HDD)
RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and 6 with spare.
Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Convenient setup and easy maintenance.
- NAS discovery tools for easy deployment.
- Web GUI configuration interface supporting Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers.
- Informational Event Log for diagnostics.
- Supports local user account.
- Supports Windows Active Directory Service or Primary Domain Server and Workgroup.
- Supports HTTPS/SSL service.
- Designed with Linux based Journaling file system (XFS).
- NAS to NAS replication supporting scheduling with multiple versions or full replication with bandwidth control.
- Supports scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot.
- NAS system configuration backup and restore.
- Supports Local Tape backup, 3rd party backup agent.
- Supports iSCSI target and initiator.
- Supports VMware ESX Server or Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Model: AN4L
- Form Factor: 4 Bay Enclosure
- Processor: Intel ATOM Dual Core D510 1.66 GHz
- Memory: 1GB DDR-2 Memory, up to 4GB
- RAID Level: 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6
- RAID Engine: Software Embedded RAID Engine
- Maximum Capacity: 8TB
- Hot-Swappable: Yes
- Network: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Ports x2 (Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet)
- Hard Drive Trays Supported: 4 x SATA HDD trays
- Power Supply: 200W (100V to 230V)
- Control Interface: Web Browser – Supporting IE and Firefox
- Dimension (in): 8.5″W x 12.5 “D x 8.0 “H
- Safety Regulations: CE, FCC, UL, RoHS
- AN4L (1)
- Ethernet Cable (1)
- Power Adapter (1)
- CD & Manual (1)
- HD Tray Keys (4)
- Removable Trays (4)
- Brand Name: : Sans Digital
- Model: : AN4L
- Warranty: : 1 Year
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 8.5 x 8 inches ; 13 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 13.4 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B003SE6R0W
- Item model number: AN4L
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 15, 2010