Boundless Connectivity & Sharing, Wirelessly
Synology® DiskStation DS213air is a one stop solution for wireless sharing, web applications and centralized storage. Specifically designed for small office and home users who need the convenient solution of wireless sharing capability with full-featured network attached storage, to share and protect data cost-effectively, while increasing productivity with comprehensive office applications.
- Built-in WiFi for Wireless Environment
- Features SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- Cool and Quiet Design
- Hassle-free System Installation with Mobile Devices
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Simplify Network with One Device
Synology DS213air is not only a NAS, with built-in Wi-Fi® adaptor, DS213air can serve as a wireless access point and provide Wi-Fi coverage in hard to reach locations such as rooms too far away from the router, or different floors. The included software components make it easy to build a fast, robust and secure wireless IP network from scratch. The DS213air is all the gear needed for your home/office wireless networking environments, plus terabytes of storage and cloud applications.
1. Wireless Hotspot
Provides the WiFi ability to your network.
2. Wireless Router
DS213air can be the sole networking device to all wireless clients in your surrounding.
3. Join Wireless Network
DS213air can be placed wirelessly for hard to reach locations, joining your network as a WiFi client.
Build Your Own Cloud
With Synology DS213air, you can centralize and share up to 8TB of data and files with coworkers and friends. If you find this way of managing files useful, you can have your own cloud by using Cloud Station to access and sync files across different computers. There is no need to configure a router to remote access the DS213air, by using Synology’s ezCloud, you can easily extend coverage to the Internet.
Manage your files on your Synology DS213air with File Browser which provides browser based file navigation on your DiskStation, allowing you to copy, move, delete, rename, upload, or download files without boundaries.
If you are always on the move, Synology provides a handy app, DS file for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ users. Anything stored on Synology DS213air can now be accessed remotely using DS file via the Internet.
Optimal Price/Performance Ratio
Synology DS213air delivers an average 108.07 MB/sec reading speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows® environment, and 58.66 MB/sec writing1. DiskStation DS213air provides a reliable solution for data sharing with an easy to use interface, and comprehensive office applications, including a complete backup solution making it one of the best values in 2-bay NAS devices available today.
Coming with USB 3.0 support which offers transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbps, namely 10 times faster than USB 2.0, DS213air takes less time for data transfer for external hard drives and consumes less power.
Multimedia Center at Home
DS213air brings innovative and enjoyable multimedia entertainment to your home. Enjoy sound and sensation while enriching your life with personal online albums and blog services. Your social life just gets better.The iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ App, DS audio, allows DiskStation users to stream music stored on DiskStation with their mobile devices wherever Internet access is available.
Media Server allows you to stream multimedia files with a DLNA/UPnP® compatible Digital Media Adapter (DMA) to a stereo system or a TV-set. Sony® PlayStation® 3 and Microsoft® XBox 360 are also supported.
iTunes® Server is an easy way to share music with other iTunes® clients over the network. You can use iTunes® as a multimedia player to browse and play music stored on your Synology DiskStation.
Back Up Your Precious Data
Desktop backup provides Windows® PC users with the Synology Data Replicator for backing up desktop data to their DiskStation, while Mac OS X® users can use Apple® Time Machine® to back up their critical data to DiskStation.
Server backup includes several alternatives: Local Backup and Network Backup. You can back up data in shared folders or sub-folders and choose between incremental backup options or other flexible scheduling choices. All can be easily configured with a step-by-step wizard to make it simple to create an automated backup solution.
Hassle-free System Installation with Mobile Devices
Web Assistant is a web-based utility to make DS213air as easy to install as possible. It is even possible to install the whole system just with mobile device, by setting up all vital system components in few simple steps. Combined with a quick start widget, users can simultaneously tour the DSM operating system and set it up to use right away.
Peace of Mind with Data Encryption
The Synology DS213air is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads the encryption calculation task away from the main CPU, helping to improve file transfer speeds of the DiskStation.
Data protection is an important matter for businesses of all sizes. High-end features previously available only on enterprise level hardware are now accessible via Synology DS213air to small and medium-sized businesses. DS213air provides share-level AES 256-bit encryption to aid in the prevention of unauthorized access attempts to the hard drives.
Energy Efficient Design
Synology DS213air is designed with energy efficiency in mind. Not only does it provide a 92×92 mm fan and the better airflow to keep the system running cool 24/7, its noise dampening design makes it really quiet compared to PC counterparts. Synology DS213air consumes only 22.44 watts in operation, and its unique Scheduled Power On/Off feature lowers the power consumption to minimum.
All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials. Synology acknowledges the responsibility as a global citizen to continually work to reduce the environmental impact of every product produced.
- CPU Frequency : 1.6 GHz
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- Memory : DDR3 256 MB
- Internal HDD/SSD : 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA(II) X 2 (Hard drive not included)
- Max Internal Capacity : 8 TB (4 TB HDD X 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) (See All Supported HDD)
- External HDD Interface : USB 3.0 Port X 2
- Size (HxWxD) : 165 x 100 x 225.5 mm
- Weight : 0.94 kg
- LAN : Gigabit X 1
- Wake on LAN/WAN
- System Fan : 92 x 92 mm X 1
- Built-in Wireless Support
- Noise Level : 19.0 dB(A)
- Power Recovery
- AC Input Power Voltage : 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency : 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption : 22.44W (Access); 5.76W (HDD Hibernation);
- Operating Temperature : 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature : -10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)
- Relative Humidity : 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum Operating Altitude : 6,500 feet
- Certification : FCC Class B, CE Class B, BSMI Class B
- Warranty : 2 Years
Built-in Wireless Support
- Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Antennae : 2T2R
- Wireless Security: WPA/WPA2-PSK, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
- Firewall: NAT firewall with up to 100 rules
- Quality of Service (QoS): WiFi Multimedia standard (WMM) ensures smooth audio and video transmission
- Filtering: Deny/Allow by MAC address
DSM Specifications (See more)
- Storage Management
- Max File System Size : 16TB
- Max Internal Volume # : 256
- Max iSCSI Target # : 10
- Max iSCSI LUN # : 10
- Supported RAID Type : Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1
- RAID Migration : Basic to RAID 1
- Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs : Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1
- File Sharing Capability
- Max User Accounts : 2048
- Max Groups : 256
- Max Shared Folder : 256
- Shared Folder Sync – Max task number : 2
- Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections : 128
- Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration
Add-on Packages (See more)
- Antivirus Essential
- Audio Station
- Cloud Station
- Maximum of Concurrent File Transfers : 128
- DHCP Server
- Directory Server
- DNS Server
- Download Station
- Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks : 30
- Glacier Backup
- HiDrive Backup
- iTunes Server
- Mail Server
- Mail Station
- Media Server
- Photo Station
- RADIUS Server
- Surveillance Station
- MAX IP cam # (Licenses required) : 8 (1 Free License) (See All Supported IP Cameras)
- Total frame rate (FPS) : 96 FPS @ D1 (640×480), 40 FPS @ WXGA (1280×800)
- Syslog Server
- Syslog Events per Second : 100
- Time Backup
- Maximum Task Number : 2
- Video Station
- Video Transcoding : Type 2 (See more)
- VPN Server
- Maximum Connections : 5
- 3rd Party Packages (See more)
Environment and Packaging
- RoHS Compliant
- Package Content
- Main Unit X 1
- Installation Disk X 1
- Welcome Note X 1
- Assembling Kit X 1
- AC Power Adapter X 1
- AC Power Cord X 1
- RJ-45 LAN Cable X 1
- Optional Accessories
- Camera License Pack
(Updated : 2013/04/03)
- Hard Drive: 8 TB
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 10 x 17 inches ; 2.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B008U69OA8
- Item model number: DS213AIR
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 18, 2012