By now the world knows that Seagate Barracuda 7200 drives, from the world’s premier storage provider, deliver years of reliable service and high performance. The ideal choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/FireWire/eSATA external storage. After years of pioneering research at Seagate, perpendicular recording is now a proven technology. It increases capacity and dependability by storing data vertically, rather than horizontally. And vertically stored data bits mean increased data density which means higher performance to increase productivity. This drive delivers excellent power savings without sacrificing drive or system performance, giving customers the ability to manufacture PC systems and external storage systems that meet energy savings requirements. Seagate hard drives have long been produced with the environment in mind, and not just with low power consumption. With Seagate and the Barracuda drive, our customers can have the best of both worlds, top hard-drive performance and the satisfaction of knowing they are using a high-capacity drive with a very small eco-footprint.
The Power of One.
The Seagate® Desktop HDD is the one hard drive for all your desktop applications. One
drive for every need, supported by 30 years of trusted performance, reliability and simplicity.
- HDDs that bring your costs down and crank your storage up
- No-hassle transition to 3TB and 4TB drives
- Seagate AcuTrac™ technology maximizes HDD storage densities
Seagate Desktop HDD: get what you want.
Count on Seagate to deliver the storage innovations that bring your costs down and crank your storage up.
- Industry’s first 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology
- OptiCache™ technology exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improves microprocessor capabilities
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology improves performance by up to 45% over the previous generation
- SATA 6Gb/s technology maximizes performance
- Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables reliable read/write performance even in high-touch operating environments
- Free DiscWizard™ software enables capacities beyond 2TB on legacy PC BIOS and Windows XP-based systems
Maximize hard drive storage densities.
Seagate Desktop HDD, 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 1/500th the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Proven quality and performance.
Seagate Desktop HDDs are the world’s most popular desktop storage solutions. With consistent quality and performance-enhancing innovations and features like native command queuing and perpendicular recording, Seagate delivers time— and time again.
Additionally, Seagate Desktop HDDs are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
Green where it counts.
Seagate® Desktop HDDs with 1TB-per-disk have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states—without sacrificing performance.
Desktop HDDs are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- Desktop HDDs comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Desktop HDDs drives are recyclable
- Low power consumption
- Brand Name: : Seagate
- Model: : ST1000DM003
- Hard Disk Size: : 1.00 TB
- Form Factor: : 3.5-Inch
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 4 x 0.8 inches ; 14.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B005T3GRNW
- Item model number: ST1000DM003
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 1, 2011